Take a seat and enjoy the delicious regional specialities
Awarded with the AMA Seal of quality! Taste SalzburgerLand!
Let your taste buds be spoilt in Großarl in the Hotel Kathrin.
Our team of chefs prepares dishes from the Austrian kitchen, were special attention is paid to the use of regional products. Enjoy the choice of menus, our farmer’s buffet, a fun grill evening or traditional Großarl feast in our comfortable restaurant or garden. In our sociable hotel bar you can enjoy all the evening has to offer
Our „Here I feel good – spoil yourself“ half board comprises:
• hearty buffet breakfast
• excellent 4-course dinner menu, 3 main dishes. for optional
• always a vegetarian dish
• delicious regional and light Austrian cuisine
• specialities of local game
• AMA Seal of quality (controlled origin)
• daily salad bar
• once a week Großarler "Festtagstisch"
• 1x weekly traditional farm buffet
• indoor pool at 30 degrees Celsius
• steam bath
• Finnish sauna
• nespresso coffee machine in the room
• water cooker in the room
• Wireless Wifi in the room - free of charge
• shoe dryer
• passenger lift
• sufficient free parking places directly at the hotel
• free lift bus (winter) from the door - every 15 minutes from 8.35 to 17.35 or
• 5 minutes walk to the lifts and slopes
Do you also want to let your taste buds be pampered? Here you can make a non-binding enquiry for your spring, summer, autumn and winter vacation.
To round off and of course to increase your desire to experience this beautiful valley for yourself, we have provided you with a free recipe from the Großarl kitchen, that was lovingly selected and easy to prepare!
Spinach dumplings with freshly grated hard cheese and brown butter
Ingredients: 300 g dumpling bread, 250ml milk, 800g spinach, 30g butter, 1 small onion, 2 eggs, salt and pepper, 1 tablespoon flour, 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, 80g Butter, hard cheese freshly grated. Preparation: pour milk slowly over the dumpling bread. Cook spinach in salt water, drain, and puree. Heat butter and fry onions in it. Pour in spinach and steam for 5 min. Pour eggs and spinach into bread mass, mix well, season with salt and pepper. Pour in flour and bread crumbs and make small dumpling out of the mass. Cook in salt water over low heat for approx. 15 min. Sprinkle with freshly grated hard cheese, and serve with the melted brown butter. The mass makes 12 dumplings. Preparation time approx. 45 min. We wish you good cooking. Enjoy the meal.