Try your fishing luck along the tranquil river passages of the Großarler Ache, the large swamps, rapids and gravel banks. Petri Heil!
Fly fishing regulations:
- Fly fishing is available from 18 to 21 May 2018 and 31 May to 03 June 2018 only for guests of Hotel Almrösl and Hotel Grossarler Hof
- Waters and fishing routes: Area A: Großarler Ache from Grossarl to Hüttschlag (8 km)
- Area B: Großarler Ache from Hüttschlag to the end of the valley (about 17 km), incl. Ötzlsee (about 1 ha)
- Area A: brown trout and grayling
- Area B: brown trout and brook trout
- Fishing gears and baits: Areas A and B: Fly rod with wet or dry fly or nymphs. Only with single and soft hooks.
- Catch restrictions: A & B: catch & release - no carry-over possible.
- Other: Fishing is allowed only in daylight. At the Ötzlsee you are only allowed to fish from the shore. Boats are prohibited. The fishing license is personal and can not be transferred. This will only be issued with a valid guest card from the Grossarl Valley. Keeping fish in keepnets is prohibited. The fishing season is from 01. May to 30. September. Throughout the track, catch and release, fly only, applies.
Fishing cards for the two areas (A and B) are available from the Tourist Office Großarltal. Please understand that fishing cards are issued only for guests with a valid guest card from the Grossarl Valley.
1-day card: € 48,00
2-days card: € 90,00
3-days card: € 120,00
4-days card: € 150,00
5-days card: € 170,00
6-days card: € 190,00