Try your fishing luck along the tranquil river passages of the Großarler Ache, the large swamps, rapids and gravel banks. Petri Heil!
Fly fishing regulations:
- Fishing Areas: Area A: Grossarler Ache from Grossarl to Hüttschlag (ca. 8 km)
- Area B: Grossarler Ache from Hüttschlag to the valley head (ca. 17 km), incl. Ötzlsee (ca. 2 ha)
- Populations: Area A: brook trout and grayling
- Area B: brook trout and arctic char
- Fishing gear and bait: Areas A and B: fly rod with wet or dry flies or nymphs, single or barbless hooks.
- Restrictions: Areas A & B: catch & release only.
- Miscellaneous: Fishing is only allowed during daylight. At the Ötzlsee, you may only fish from the shore. Boats are prohibited. The fishing license is issued to a single person and may not be transferred. The license is only issued with a valid Grossarltal guest card. Fishing season is from 1 May until 30 September. The entire area is catch and release, fly only.
Fishing cards for the two areas (A and B) are available from the Tourist Office Großarltal. Please understand that fishing cards are issued only for guests with a valid guest card from the Grossarl Valley.
1-day card: € 50,00
2-days card: € 95,00
3-days card: € 130,00
4-days card: € 165,00
5-days card: € 195,00
6-days card: € 215,00